Friday, February 10, 2012

Flipboard review

Flipboard is a free app. currently available for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
My first reaction is that this app. is going to become my "go to" source for just about everything. Before I get into the superlatives, the point of this app. is really to gather all the things you like to "check out" in one place. It offers an excellent news feed on the "News" board, a "Technology" board for geeks like me, and, literally thousands of other boards from which to choose, in every category you can imagine. Then, the best part: the ability for you to add those "others" that you access all the time, including Facebook, Twitter, Google Reader, Flickr, etc. No, it doesn't support "Pinterest", yet, but based on just a couple of minutes of research, a lot of us are asking for that and a rep from "Flipboard" says that it's on their wish list, so I'd bet it won't be long.
Now for the things I love about it. I love the outstandingly smooth interface. It is incredibly user-friendly and, while I know it sounds weird to use this term, gorgeous. The quality of the pictures that are "pulled" is nearly HD (of course dependent upon the original quality of the pic), and the use of the "flip" is sweet. Only time will tell if it really ends up being, for me, what I'm thinking on first look, but it's sure worth taking a look and giving it a try for a while.

1 comment:

  1. Great app! Thanks for posting. I hadn't heard of it until I read your post.

    ThinkShareTeach

    ReplyDelete