Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Life-long Learning

A colleague in my personal learning network posed the questions "Are you a life-time learner?", "Why do you continue learning?" and "What benefits does it give you?"
So, since I was answering his questions, I thought I'd post my response here, as well:

I am a life-long learner because I want to be a better person today, than I was yesterday, and a better person tomorrow, than I am today. Being a life-long learner provides me with empathy for others trying to learn, insight into what is to come, wisdom resulting from my multitude of mistakes, and a deeper understanding of how much more there is to learn. Learning motivates me, excites me, encourages me, and challenges me. For me, to learn is to live and to live is to learn.

Are you a lifelong learner?? Why or why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment