Monday, November 17, 2008

Some Middle Ages Puzzle Fun!

Click here for some cool puzzles you can put together online!!

And, if you want a serious mental challenge, try these Middle Ages riddles.
See me if you think you have the answer!

1. My house is not quiet, I am not loud; But for us God fashioned our fate together.
I am the swifter, at times the stronger, My house more enduring, longer to last.
A times I rest; my dwelling still runs; Within it I lodge as long as I live.
Should we two be severed, my death is sure.


2. Oft I must strive with wind and wave, Battle them both when under the sea
I feel out the bottom, a foreign land. In lying still I am strong in the strife;
If I fail in that they are stronger than I, And wrenching me loose, soon put me to rout.
They wish to capture what I must keep. I can master them both if my grip holds out,
If the rocks bring succor and lend support, Strength in the struggle. Ask me my name!

(from Riddles from the Exeter Book. An Anthology of Old English Poetry)

That will make your brain light up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment